Xanax users do not face any major side effects. And most can be dealt with easily. In the beginning of the Xanax course patients may feel the effects of alprazolam like lightheadedness and drowsiness. But as time proceeds and the body gets accustomed to the medication, these slowly disappear.
Like all other medicines Xanax too has side effects. In most cases these are minor and most people do not feel them. Some of the common Xanax side effects include:
- Digestive problems like constipation and stomach aches; diarrhea;
- Lack of appetite and loss of weight
- Drowsiness, dry mouth and dizziness
- Fatigue and nausea
- Sexual problems like lack of desire or ability
Most of these are temporary and affect very few. However, if you feel them persistently then get your doctor’s advice on how to deal with them.
Xanax Common Side Effects
Xanax comes with certain side effects but very few people actually feel them. If you feel that they persistent in your case then you must seek medical counsel.
COMMON side effects of Xanax Extended-Release Tablets, XR:
- Constipation or Diarrhea
- Negative effect on sexual ability
- Lack of appetite leading to weight loss
- Dry mouth and drowsiness
- Dizziness and nausea
- Fatigue and lightheadedness
Severe Side Effects of Xanax
SEVERE side effects of Xanax Tablets:
- Affected sense organs – blurred vision; yellowing of the eyes or skin, tremors; speech slurring and trouble; swelling of the mouth areas;
- Skin problems – allergy and eruptions like hives and rashes, itching, red and swollen skin and blisters;
- Breathing problems – tightness in the chest; burning sensations, numbness, or tingling; chest pain;
- Mental imbalance and Behavioral changes – Hallucinations and severe mood swings, depression and anxiety, suicidal feelings, irritation and short-temperedness; confusion and memory loss
- Urine problems like dark urine; decreased urination;
- Decreased motor coordination leading to loss of balance; lack of muscle control muscle twitching
- Menstrual changes and adverse sexual changes
- Persistent dizziness, or light-headedness; shortness of breath accompanied by fainting or irregular heartbeat.
If you feel any of these severe side effects then seek your doctor for advice immediately. You cannot let them persist.
For a more detailed picture on Xanax side effects have a discussion with your physician. It’s good to know more about the drug that you will be taking. If you want to report your side affects you can call specific agencies who handle these research. You will get the specific names from the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
Ever since Xanax has been introduced many adverse side effects have been reported through the voluntary reporting system of the medical events. However, these more spontaneous than controlled and the exact nature of reactions and benefits are difficult to determine from them.
Purchase generic Xanax – Alprazolam online at discount by mail!